Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I guess I need to start somewhere.

So, today in Writer's Club, my teacher (Mr. Andrew Smith) told the group that if we want to become better writers, one thing to do is to start a blog.

Yeah, I don't get it either.

Well I kind of do, I guess. Me, just babbling on about pretty much nothing, is still writing, and writing is writing, if that makes sense. And the more you write, the better you get.

In my opinion.

So I suppose every night before I go to bed I'll try to write some stuff on here, or whenever I feel the need to write something. I don't really know what I should or am going to write. I guess I'll just write what comes to mind, kind of like what I'm doing now, but just a little more interesting.

Okay, I think that's enough babbling for now.

Nobody is going to read this anyway.

Okay.

Bye.

Is that how I should end these? Geez.

Okay, um.

Peace out?

1 comment:

  1. I didn't say starting a blog was necessary... I said you should get into the habit of writing something every day, and a blog is a good way to have that space that you can go to, jot something down, and save it forever. It's a great way to build discipline and get into a regular routine about writing... not that you should expect to write brilliant stuff on your blog (but you may), but it's like what I said about runners who do marathons: they don't just pop out of bed one day and say, hey!!!! I'm going to go run 26.2 miles today!!! They train up to it over time, running and contributing to their abilities every day.

    THAT'S why you should have a blog.

    Start off by just setting a goal to write every day for one week. Then, when you get to post number 7, TAKE A BREAK.

    Then, try it again. See if you can do a month.

    Once you start doing ANYTHING every day for one month, it has become a habit.

    THAT'S why you want a blog.

    It's like a set of weights in your home gym.

    Now, go collapse a lung, kid.

    ReplyDelete