Sunday, April 3, 2011

Woo.

This feels weird.

Feels like I haven't done this in a looooonnggggg time.

At least I've been keeping up on my novel, though.

So this is day four in Hawaii. Nothing that interesting has happened. But I'm still having a great time.

I'll give you a run-down on what I've been up to so far:

Thursday: Arrived here at around 7:30 (10:30 in California, so I was exhausted) and of course it took forever for our luggage to show up. It always does. That's why I hate airports. Then we got our Chevrolet Malibu rental car (SO SMALL, I couldn't fit all our luggage in the trunk) and drove an hour to our hotel, The Whaler. We met up with my grandparents (who own a condo here) and my aunt, uncle, and cousins. The rest of the night we just ate food and that's about it. I went to sleep at 1 o'clock. Hawaii time.

Friday: I woke up at 5:30, still used to waking up at that time for school, even though it was at Hawaii time. So that was weird. Me and my cousin, Stevan, went snorkeling for about an hour around Black Rock, the known jumping rock around here, and just saw the usual fish, nothing special. Then, we walked around the Whaler's Village, which is like a mall, went back to my room, and basically did nothing after that.

Saturday: Yesterday was my favorite day so far. I woke up at 7:30, my favorite time to wake up, normal time. Right away, me and Stevan went boogie-boarding on huge waves and got trampled. But it was fun. Then, we ate at my favorite restaurant here, The Hula Grill. So good. I had fish and chips, and a huge ice cream sandwich. After that, the whole family walked around the Whaler's Village, and my mom got me a new rash guard and a shirt. And I got Rachel a couple of gifts. That night, we had pizza.

Ugh, I can never escape it.

But to top it all off, I Skyped with Rachel. The best. But it made me miss her even more.

Sunday: So far, the day looks like it's gonna be great. I just want to go on a rainforest hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment